I love that different restaurants have different variations of bruchetta but this classic type is my favorite. I can make a whole meal of just this.
- 5 medium Roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for bread
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1/2”-thick slices, approximately 15 slices
Preheat broiler to high.
Dice the tomatoes and put into a large bowl. Add 2 cloves of the minced garlic and gently stir until combined.
Drizzle olive oil and balsamic over the tomatoes. Top with chopped basil. Let sit to marinate while making the crostini.
In another small bowl combine the remaining garlic and about ¼ cup olive oil.
Slice the bread thinly and dip the bread into it then place them on a cookie sheet. Broil until golden brown, about a minute.
To serve, top each piece of bread with a spoonful of bruschetta.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 699IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 3mg