Heirloom Tomato & Mozzarella Sandwich
Crispy ciabatta bread with fresh pesto, sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, heirloom tomatoes and sweet balsamic glaze.
Servings 2 sandwiches
- 2 ciabatta rolls, sliced in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup pesto
- ¼ cup chopped olive oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
Toast the ciabatta rolls until they are golden brown and crisp.
Spread about 2 tablespoons of the pesto on the bottom half of each roll. Top with the the sun dried tomatoes and slices of mozzarella. Season the tomatoes with salt then layer them on the sandwiches.
Spread 1 tablespoon of the balsamic glaze on the top half of each of the sandwich rolls.
Close the sandwiches and cut in half. Serve immediately.