Whipped Honey Sweet Potatoes with Gorgonzola and Walnuts
Thanksgiving dishes should take up only limited amounts of preparation time, and these sweet whipped potatoes are a case in point, as they are made easily with a food processor.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, about 3 large sweet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- ½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until very tender, about 1 hour. Let cool then halve the sweet potatoes.
Scoop out the flesh and add to a food processor fitted with a blade attachment then discard the skins.
Add the butter and honey and process until the mixture is smooth. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
Serve hot in a serving bowl topped with Gorgonzola cheese and walnuts.