Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
Oatmeal is mixed with pumpkin puree and seasonal warming spices like cinnamon for a filling fall breakfast.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup classic rolled oats
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup whole milk, or alternative milk as substitute
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ packed cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and allow to melt. Add the oats and pumpkin pie seasoning to the pan stirring occasionally, until the oats are toasted, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the salt and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the oats are tender, about 15 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
Divide among bowls and top with a splash of milk, walnuts brown sugar and a pinch of cinnamon.