Spinach Artichoke Pizza
This particular pizza is everyone’s favorite dip reincarnated in pizza form. The white pizza is topped with garlic, olive oil, a heap of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, marinated artichoke hearts and spinach.
Servings 2 (10-inch) pizzas.
Pizza Stone (optional)
Pizza Peel (optional)
- 1 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (6-ounce) jar quartered marinated artichokes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cooked baby spinach
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
If you have a pizza stone then put it on the middle shelf and let it heat up with the oven. Preheat oven to 500ºF (260ºC).
Divide the pizza dough in half. On a lightly floured surface roll out one of the halves of dough into about a 10-inch circle. The dough should be fairly thin.
Place the dough on piece of parchment paper on top of the pizza peel. If you do not have a pizza stone/peel then prepare the dough on a lightly greased baking sheet.
Rub the olive oil and garlic over the pizza dough including the edges. Bake for 5 minutes then remove from the oven and alternate layering half of the mozzarella cheese, artichokes and spinach evenly over the pizza. Leave about 1” around the edge of the pizza for the crust.
Top with the Parmesan cheese then continue to bake until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is golden brown, about an additional 6 minutes.
Top with salt, pepper and half of the red pepper then cut into equal slices and serve immediately. Repeat with the remaining pizza dough.