The Host with the Most: Holiday Inspired Cheese Board
Planning on entertaining for the holidays? Remove some of the stress from holiday hosting by serving a cheese board as a starter.
- 6 ounces chèvre (goat cheese)
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 6 ounces sharp Cheddar, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces double cream Brie
- 4 ounces Parmesan, roughly chopped into chunks
- 6 ounces blue cheese, (I chose a mild Saint Agur)
- 6 ounces prosciutto
- 4 ounces Calabrese salami
- 4 ounces Coppa
- ½ cup marcona almonds (I use Diamond Nuts of California)
- ¼ cup walnuts (I use Diamond Nuts of California)
- 1 medium pomegranate, quartered
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 small honeycomb
- 10 medium cornichons
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- Baguette, sliced and grilled
- Assorted crackers, as needed
- Breadsticks, as needed
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnish
Gently roll the goat cheese in the thyme so that it is evenly coated. Set aside.
Arrange the cheeses on a large cheese board then arrange charcuterie around the cheese. Fill in the board with the almonds, walnuts, pomegranates, cranberries and honeycomb.
Add the mustard and cornichons to small bowls and arrange on the board. Serve with the bread, crackers and breadsticks. Garnish the board with sprigs of rosemary.