Whipped Spiced Ricotta Toast
Ricotta cheese is combined with honey, olive oil, red pepper and oregano for a slightly sweet and spicy seasoned appetizer.
- 12 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small loaf French bread, cut into 1” slices
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the ricotta, honey and lemon juice until completely combined. This can also be done in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment.
Spread out on a small plate and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the top with red pepper, oregano, salt and pepper.
Heat a large griddle or grill over medium-high heat. Add the slices of bread and cook until grill marks appear, about 1 minute.
Flip and cook for an additional minute. Remove and halve the slices. Serve warm with the ricotta.