Garlic Butter Tomato Cheese Bread
The juicy fresh New Jersey tomatoes were the perfect addition to fresh Italian bread, garlic butter and cheese
Keyword cheese, garlic, garlic bread, heirloom tomato
Prep Time 5 minutes minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes minutes
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped basil
- 1 loaf rustic Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
Add the softened butter to a medium mixing bowl and use a spoon to stir together the butter, garlic, 1 teaspoon of parsley, chives and basil until thoroughly combined.
Evenly spread over both halves of the bread loaf. Arrange tomatoes in an even single layer over each half of the bread and season with salt and pepper. Top with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Bake until the cheese has melted and the edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 568mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 928IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 1mg