BLT With Spicy Mayo & Avocado
I’ve stepped up this classic recipe of a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich with the addition of spicy mayo, spread on the toasted bread, and slices of creamy avocado.
Servings 2 sandwiches
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt, as needed
- 1 pound thick cut applewood smoked bacon
- 4 ½-inch slices crusty country bread, toasted
- 1 head little gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 medium has avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
In a small bowl stir together the mayonnaise and sriracha until combined then cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Arrange slices of tomato on a plate and drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
Arrange bacon in a single layer on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and bake until crispy and golden brown, about 16 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and set aside.
Spread a spoonful of the sriracha mayonnaise on 2 slices of the bread top each with slices of tomato followed by strips of bacon, leaves of lettuce and avocado. Top each sandwich with the remaining slices of bread. Use a serrated bread knife to cut the sandwiches in half and serve.